Announcements and Important Events
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology’s
2018 Spring Sports Try-out Information
Head Coach: Justin Johnson
Varsity tryouts start 2/19. 10-2 at TJ.
Bring flats and cleats.
JV starts on 2/20.
Head Coach: Aaron Hensley
Starts on 2/19. 12-2 at TJ.
Head Coach: Adam Vance
Varsity and JV at TJ baseball field 4:30.
Head Coach: Brian Collins
@tjgirlssoccer on twitter
Tryouts start 2/20
Bring cleats and flats.
Head Coach: Lauren Alam
@tjgirlslax on twitter
Starts 2/20 bring indoor shoes and cleats.
Head Coach: Mitch Hughes
Starts 2/20 4:30-6:30.
Bring glove, bat, cleats and SB pants.
Track and Field
Head Coach: Todd Withington
@tjhsstrack on twitter
Starts 2/26 4:30-6:30
Time trials will be first 2 weeks of practice.
Head Coach: Brandon Ward
Starts 2/20 4:30 at TJ.
Head Coach: Jay Wickliff
Starts 2/19. Time slots are assigned by coach.
10:00, 1:00 or 3:00.
See Mr Wickliff in room 48 for more details.
Check the www.colonialathletics.org website for more specific tryout information
For a list of the important tryout requirements, please refer Page 2 of this form.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter @cab_tj
Paperwork Due (VHSL Physical, ECC and Concussion Education) February 16th
Spring Team Pictures: March 7th and TBD
Spring Meet the Coach Night: March 15th. 7:00pm Auditorium
Spring Sports Awards: June 4th. 6:30 Gym 1.
TJ Sports Physicals: June 6th
Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
SPORTS TRYOUT REQUIREMENTS FOR 2017-2018
BEFORE TRYING OUT FOR A SPORT, EACH STUDENT MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING
- ALL ITEMS DUE by February 16th
- A valid Virginia High School League (VHSL) physical form. NEW form this year. Must be completed on the April 2016 or February 2017 version. The physical exam must be dated after May 1, 2017. The form can be downloaded at www.fcps.edu/sports under forms or www.colonialathletics.org under files.
- A completed FCPS Emergency Care Form (EEC). This form can be found at www.fcps.edu/sports under forms or www.colonialathletics.org under files. This form is turned into the school as well as the coach, each season!
- A completed FCPS Extracurricular Participation Policy packet. The policy can be found at www.colonialathletics.org under files. This is turned into the coach.
- Completed the online FCPS Concussion Education Program for Parents. This must be completed by each EVERY school year BEFORE the student-athlete can tryout. Go to www.fcps.edu/sports and click on Concussion Education for parents and students. Parents with multiple students can enter multiple student ID numbers and complete it for all their children. Follow the instructions from there. ID and birthdates are needed.
- Completed the online FCPS Concussion Education Program for Students. This must be completed by each EVERY school year BEFORE the student-athlete can tryout. Go to www.fcps.edu/sports and click on Concussion Education for parents and students.
- Weight room participation and drivers’ forms can be found at www.colonialathletics.org and are not required by all coaches or sports.
For more information about fall sports tryouts check www.colonialathletics.org or please contact TJ’s Director of Student Activities Rusty Hodges, 703-750-8330.
Please make sure to turn in your VHSL physical form BEFORE tryouts.