Announcements and Important Events
SPRING SPORT TRYOUT PROCEDURES!
ALL students trying out for a SPRING sport MUST turn in the following required paperwork by FEBRUARY 16th to Ms Murphy and get the PASS.
The PASS is a written slip of paper. This is how your coach is notified that you have turned in all the required paperwork. Coaches DO NOT collect paperwork. They will only accept the pass.
To get a pass you need:
- VHSL physical (No need to turn in another copy if it is already on file for this school year)
- Emergency Care Card (ECC) (A form is needed every season)
- FALL and WINTER ATHLETES do not need a new form.
- Student concussion education (Done once a school year)
- Parent concussion education (Done once a school year)
Question: If I played a fall and winter sport, do I need to get a PASS?
Answer: YES. ALL students will need a PASS. You do not need to turn in another physical, ECC or redo the concussion presentation.
Question: If I already turned my physical in, do I have to get a PASS?
Answer: YES. All students will need a PASS to verify they have turned in the required paperwork.
Question: What if I don’t know if I am going to play a sport in the spring?
Answer: Stop by and get a PASS just to make sure.
Question: Is there a way to skip waiting in line?
Answer: YES, fall and winter athletes can email Ms. Murphy their name and sport and a pass will be made. No need to wait in line.