8th Period Attendance Policy
- Because 8th period is a required part of the school day, attendance is recorded for each activity block.
- Sign up early for the best selection!! You may sign up for activities several weeks in advance and many popular activities fill up quickly.
- MAKE SURE your sponsor checks your name off on the online attendance roster. If you signed up before the end of lunch, your name will appear in the online roster. If you got a pass from the 8th period office, the teacher will see your name online as having received a pass.
- DO NOT write your name on a roster – you will get an absence.
- Check the intranet once a week to see if you have any unexcused 8th period absences.
- You have two weeks to “clear” an unexcused 8th period absence. To clear an absence, print the absence sheet and have the sponsor sign that you were in attendance. Return this to the 8th period office.
- Students with excessive unexcused absences will be assigned to 8th Period Detention.