Thank you to everyone who has played for, or hope to play for Thomas Jefferson Volleyball this coming Fall. Welcome to all incoming freshmen, and welcome back all returning players! (PLEASE SHARE with anyone not currently on this list, whom you know may be interested in trying out for Volleyball this fall.)
Time to hit the gym and start preparing for our best season yet! TJVB has not only WON a Conference Championship, but has competed at the Regional level in the post-season, and played competitively against every opponent we face. We may not always win, but every season is one step closer to an undefeated season! ;)
GREEN DAY PRACTICES:
Saturdays (6/24, 7/1, 7/15, 7/22). TJVB will meet between 9-11am.
Meet at Door 1 in the front of the building. Parents may pick up their daughters in the same spot.
Players will be expected to come fully prepared for indoor, outdoor, court and weight room. We will SWEAT, so BRING WATER. We will PLAY, so come in volleyball gear (running/court shoes, spandex or shorts, tshirt; knee pads optional.)
WHAT YOU NEED:
1) A valid physical: We can only accept the April 2016 or February 2017 versions of the form.
The correct form is on the website: http://www.colonialathletics.org/main/filesLinks
2) Emergency Care Form, Weight Room Permission Form, and Concussion Ed Training: http://www.colonialathletics.org/main/filesLinks
Please contact Heather Murphy, TJ's Head Athletic Trainer, with regards to getting cleared for Fall sports and Green Day practices this summer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FIRST DAY August 1st and continues through Friday August 4th. FIRST TEAM PRACTICE will be SATURDAY August 5th at 9am.
- ALL FRESHMEN: Tryouts will be 4:30-6:30pm
- ALL OTHER CLASSES: 6:30-8:30pm
- YOU MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN TRYOUTS
NEW TRYOUT POLICY:
As mentioned to returning players LAST SEASON, ALL SOPHOMORES JUNIORS AND SENIORS trying out for TJVB are expected to attend tryouts August 1st-4th. NO EXCEPTIONS! And are mandated to attend ALL practices for the month of August (save illness, or one-off conflicts)
DO NOT PLAN VACATION DURING AUGUST!!!!!!
ALL FRESHMEN who KNOW they will not be in town during the month of August:
- If you expecting to miss tryouts for volleyball, you MUST contact Coach Helen: email@example.com IMMEDIATELY to notify her of the nature and length of your scheduled absence. Any players anticipating a conflict with the proposed schedule this fall must communicate with Coach Helen and devise a plan to get evaluated in a one-day tryout.
- Any players missing at tryouts do so at their own risk, and understand the difficulty placed on the coaches and teams that ANY absence should have on our future success as a program.
- If you are able to make arrangements to attend tryouts PLEASE DO!
- Any absence must be approved and signed off by Coach Helen!
ONCE YOU MAKE A TJVB TEAM:
If you have been offered a position on a Freshman, JV or Varsity volleyball team, you are expected to attend EVERY scheduled practice and match.
Should you expect to miss any more than 10 days total from August 1st through the month of November, an offer might not be given under the coaches' discretion, or an offer may be rescinded and given to another player. Please keep this in mind as you plan family vacations.
Our program's success hinges on the complete dedication to the team, the program, it's coaches, and the name we represent, TJ! We value responsibility, teamwork, support and excellence. Please respect the commitment you are opting in for, and understand that it CAN and HAS been done, successfully!
Thomas Jefferson Volleyball is pleased to have alumni at schools like Stanford, MIT, Virginia Tech and UVA. We have several year-round volleyball players returning to our program this coming Fall, and several multi-sport athletes amongst the ranks. TJ is a school for driven individuals, and our volleyball team is an extension of that.
- FRESHMEN JV AND VARSITY this season will practice TOGETHER 5-8pm (times MAY be subject to change)
- All players are encouraged to meet with tutors, teachers, clubs etc after school, but are expected to be dressed and on the courts no later than 4:45pm
- Players interested in getting extra reps are encouraged to set-up nets immediately after school, or to stay late after practice to refine their skills or work one-on-one with a coach.
- Players should contact their direct coach AT MINIMUM 24 hours in advance of ANY anticipated absence for ANY volleyball activity.
Thank you again for your patience with me as we sort through staff, scheduling and green day policies. I look forward to seeing everyone THIS SATURDAY at 9am at Door 1!!!
UNDEFEATED SEASON HERE WE COME!